Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lasagna For my Mother in Law!

Recently my MIL and FIL came to town for Woot Woot's 3rd birthday. I served lasagna and she wanted the recipe, so I just took pics the next time I made it. I don't have a finished pic, so you have to imagine the rest.

Start with 1 Lb of Sausage....

And 1 Lb of Ground Beef.... I use 93/7 just b/c I like a leaner meat.

Start Browning these together.....

Take 3 onions

And Slice them into half moons

Throw them into the pot.....



Take one pkg of your fav mushrooms.... baby bella are mine :)


Throw them in......


Salt and pepper everything together....

Yep it looks that pretty! I love the padyn tells me how pretty food is.... I guess that is my fault!

Take one can of fire roasted tomatos

Add them.... Mix it all together and your meat is done.....

For some reason I didn't take pics of the cheese mixtures. Take one Lg cottage cheese, one Lg ricotta cheese 1 lg egg and mix it all together....
Then you start layering


Coat the bottom of your pan with jarred sauce

Then a layer of uncooked noodles.

Do one layer of meat mixture, then a layer of the cheese mixture.

Then another layer of noodles (no sauce)

And Another layer of meat and cheese.

Top with another layer of uncooked noodles....

Cover with sauce

And of course CHEESE.

Bake Covered for about 45 min@ 350 and then uncovered until golden brown for about 15min
Let sit for AT LEAST 20 min then cut servings. Since there is hardly any sauce in the recipe, I "make" a sauce of 1 jar of store bought sauce and 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes, I heat that over the stove and top the beautifully cut lasagna with the chunky sauce.

DEFINITELY one of My FAVS!

No comments:

Post a Comment