Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Busy Week

This week/weekend has been crazy busy for some reason.. not sure why exactly. Haha Just kidding I totally know why. Last weekend we started a project we have been talking about since we moved into our house 3 1/2 yrs ago. We started clearing out the backyard from out back fence to the back of the property line. I actually didn't get any before pics, I am sure if to look through all of our pictures I could find some in the background of some, but I do have a few from during and one after.







I am actually really really happy with how it turned out and Tripp did a ton of work! There were 2 HUGE piles on the street for the city to pick up and 4 trips to the city dump. I still can't believe it is done.
Then we had some friends over for the ball games on Saturday and the Spinks and the Coles brought their little girls. Padyn and Caitlyn had so much fun playing and showing me their hot dogs.... I just love watching little girls playing together. I wish I had taken some pictures.

Last night was BUNCO at my house, and I love to entertain... it is almost a curse on me b/c I want everything perfect and sometimes I think I would have a better nights sleep if I just ordered pizza and used paper plates, but in reality I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. When you host bunco you are in charge of dinner for 12 women and the prizes for the games. For dinner I made Chicken roll-up stuffed with feta, tomatos and basil then breaded and cooked like a chicken cordon bleu. We had a cold greek pasta salad and pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and sugar cookies. Everyone got to take home a favor of "dice" decorated sugar cookies. Super fun and super yummy in my opinion.

I usually go overboard with flowers when hosting something like this, 1 b/c fresh flowers make a house feel homey and clean to me , and 2 I just love cut flowers and I notice when I go when someone has cut flowers, and then Tripp came home not only with more flowers for me (i guess he knows me well) and ice which was the one thing I wish I had picked up while out running errands. So basically a perfect beginning and the night went so great! I just absolutely love getting to know all the women in the group and all the subs. Such a fun night and if you don't have a bunco group start one, because it is so fun!

This morning Padyn's friend Maddie came to play. Now Padyn LOVES Maddie. When she gets home from school she says Maddie, Maddie, Maddie Play. So we invited Maddie to come play and have had the most fun. They have been sitting on the picnic table and coloring and playing with stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment