Friday, July 16, 2010

Its time for the weekend.

I always have mixed feelings about weekends, and it is a very hard thing to explain. On one hand I LOVE having Tripp home and him having the ability to play with the kids and spend some quality time with them. Everyday he gets home from work around 4ish and then it is the routine.... dinner, bath, books, bottle, bed. There is very little time in a normal day for Tripp to spend time with the kids in a fun nonrountine way.

But on the flip side, I look for Tripp for a break from the week of being with the kids by myself, and he is ready to do stuff. Which it is hard to do a ton between the kids nap schedule. So it is not usually relaxing, but i do enjoy it for what it is.

One of the things I was hoping to do with this blog was writing down my weekly menus, partly to hold me accountable, and maybe giving someone else some dinner ideas for busy moms. I do stay home, but I rarely spend a long time cooking dinner. There are too many other projects I would prefer to spend my time on.

This week we had a curry.paprika crusted tilapia, Grilled chicken pesto paninis, chicken enchiladas, spaghetti, and tonight we are having BBQ. I am hoping to surprise tripp with philly cheesesteaks one night this weekend, and I am looking forward to making these. It will be the first attempt, so we will see how it goes.

I read a blog that had a super easy ice cream recipe, so have edited it a couple times and have been making ice cream and then making ice cream sandwiches with graham crackers. this is great for a couple reasons. Tripp LOVES them , but I can easily make small ones for Padyn. She is a ice cream girl and loves them.

I will post some pic next time and a video of our night time routine, and of Padyn with her new Big Girl Bed.

For those who don't know... if you have granite and you get the lime buildup on them, you may have found it difficult to get it off and you know you are limited to what you can use to clean. I have researched this and found that a little bit of vinegar and a razor blade gets it right up. Oh the joy I get when I discover a new technique for cleaning a difficult thing.

I guess that is all I have for today. I will update next time with pics and the videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment