Thursday, July 8, 2010

Catch Up

Yes it has been over a month since I have taken then time to write my thoughts and share updates with the kids.
Porter has been crawling for a little over a week now and he LOVES his new found freedom. The look on his face when he realizes he can get exactly where he wants to go is amazing. Chasing Izzie and Gus has become one of his favorite things to do, and I don't think they mind. They are very patient with Porter and extremely tolerable. He has managed to climb up the step into our kitchen withing days of figuring out crawling. I think Padyn waited until at least 10-11 months to attempt it. Porter is very determined and goes where he wants. He enjoys playing in the big water bowl, which is not good, and certainly keeps me on my toes. I can put both kids in the playroom and they will play well together for a limited period of time. Which is so wonderful for me. We also borrowed a walker from some friends so Porter can walk around and it took him all of 24 hrs to learn how to maneuver around the furniture and get where he wants to go.

Padyn is such a good big sister. She loves taking care of her brother and I have to make sure every bottle is promptly picked up, b/c she will take it and give it to her brother. Last night she gave him a hug and kiss and it just melted my heart. So precious and genuine. We have started baking together and enjoys helping Mommy do things around the house. Her laundry skills are still much to be desired, but I appreciate the effort. She is learning new words and sounds everyday and Tripp's all time favorite is asking what a puppy dog says. She barks is the cutest way every. She can meow, and knows Duck "guck", George (all monkeys), Night Night "nigh nigh", bye bye (with the cutest wave), Hi, Brother "broothr", Gus (all dogs), Shrek, and many more.

As the kids grow and Porter gets able to self entertain more I can venture back into the sewing world, and am contemplating starting a little side business for a little extra money and a creative outlet for me. I am going to start another blog with my creations.

We spent the 4th in birmingham and got to spend some time with good friends and family. We let the kids swing at The Pearsons house and they both loved it. Padyn would clap when Porter was swinging, then she would start her pweease pweese pwease... (please) asking to swing again. Here are some pics from swinging, then feeding the fish and ducks at the little lake.

The kids did great and I love watching Padyn follow Abbey around. It is going to be so much fun when Porter and Mason are old enough to play. The Nevilles have 3 kids... Abbey-3 Emma is 19 months (one month older than Padyn) and Mason is 6 months (a little over a month younger than Porter).

Tripp is still taking pictures and got a few new toys for Father's day and I am anxious for him to get taking pics more and more. As our family grows (older and not bigger) we are just loving watching the kids.

As I am writing this Padyn and Porter are sitting in the playroom and Padyn is passing the balls to Porter and they are both laughing. I hope and pray that they will be best friends growing up and will always be close. This has to be one of the advantages for them being 11 months apart. Porter is totally crawling on top of her wrestling. Since he is only 2lbs less than her, she is kinda stuck. I just LOVE watching them play and couldn't be happier. I wouldn't have it any other way.

A few weeks ago we had a play day at our house.. 11 kids total and so much fun... Here are a few pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment