Monday, May 16, 2011

Homemade Pasta! Courtesy of Tripp

Saturday Afternoon (last week) Tripp wanted to make homemade Pasta. I got to go with my mom for Mani/Pedis and we had lunch and did a little shopping, so when he wanted to do this I was a supportive as possible. I have wanted to make pasta, but was really intimidated. Not any more. We used Anne Burells recipe and we didn't have a pasta press, so he did it all by hand. And it was AMAZING!

When he rolled it out we decided to fill the dough with a mixture of spinach and ricotta cheese.



Then he sealed the little pockets of heaven.




After they were cut and cooked we made a homemade Alfredo sauce (thanks Iana) and lightly coated the pasta. And served with a side of chicken lightly seasoned and pan grilled.



I will say that we even froze some and cooked it the next day and it did beautifully. I highly recommend taking an afternoon and treating yourself to some fresh pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment