Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Marsala Burgers

Okay is a another quick recipe.. I literally made this in 15 min last night after we came out of the basement from the tornado threat.

This was originally a RR reciepe, but I do change things to fit with my pantry....

for 2 burgers

1lb ground beef/sirloin/or whatever you like for burgers
salt and pepper
1 tlbs dried parsley ( I will use fresh when my garden provides me some Parsley)
2 tsp dried garlic ( I think the flavor still comes through and it is quicker when I am in a rush)
1 tbls Olive Oil

(mix all together and create 2 patties, I also did a mini burger for Padyn out of the same amount of meat)

Put on a grill. grill pan, skillet, or I busted out the George forman (yes I have and still use one)
Slice 2 portabellos and put in a pan with some hot olive oil.
when they start to brown add a little salt and pepper and 1 tbls of thyme (again dried).
Then a healthy splash of red wine (we had a full body cab open, but really any red or white wine that you like) just make sure you like the flavor b/c it will concentrate when reduced down. Then add a pad of butter to richen it up. it will reduce down to almost no liquid.

When you take your burgers off the grill lay them on a great bun and top with the mushrooms and shave some sharp white cheddar on top.

I just threw some fruit on the plate and called it a night.

Super super Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment