Thursday, April 21, 2011

A day of busciuts, baking and bark....

We got up yesterday morning and headed to Early works to Biscuits Backyard. We had only been once before and Porter was WAY too young, so I have been anxious to go back and see how he did so we would have another option for summer activities.

I of course forgot my camera, but the kids had a blast and when we got home I fed them lunch and towards the end this is how Porter ended up.....



















Then I wanted to make The Pioneer Women's Hot Cross Buns.... So I started on these and gave Padyn her first sucker.... I think she liked it.




































She was sharing with George so he took a bath in the washing machine while Padyn was asleep.

Now Back to my Hot Cross Buns.....
I followed her directions and they turned out beautiful, and Delicious!






















































While the bread was rising I saw another post on the PW blog and had to try... I edited it a little.... only b/c I was going to use what I had and added a tiny bit of peppermint extract! b/c I LOVE mint and chocolate.

Here is the link- Easter Candy Bark
































All in all the kids were great and had so much fun... Last pic of the day waiting on Mommy to make dinner while snacking on goldfish.












No comments:

Post a Comment