Sunday, April 25, 2010

Long weekend

This weekend was full of fun with friends, family, and friends who are like family...
I was able to throw a baby shower for one of my dearest friends, who I wish I saw more, but I love her so much. Payton Grace will be here before we know it. The shower was at my house and we had a great turnout. LaDonna's sister and cousin did all the food (which for those who know me know that was hard for me to do) I usually cook and I love doing it, but with Porter and Padyn it was a bit much for this shower. I did do the flowers and ordered some yummy cookies from a place in Birmingham. The shower cost me less than $100 and I appreciated being able to cohost and not have everything on me.
Tripp took the kids to my parents house during the shower and got to spend some time with them. We took it easy last night and today went and took my parents lunch since they are working on the house. This afternoon we went to Thomas' birthday party, and although the kids were tired we had a good time. Porter had a rough day today ALL DAY today, and cried more than he didn't. Days like these I am so glad for bedtime... it really doesn't come quick enough. That 7pm time has become my favorite time when the kids are having a day.
Now that the kids are in bed, and the kitchen is clean, well picked up and ready to run the dishwasher, I am sitting here ready to eat a broken cookie from the shower and crawl into bed.
Monday is my Laundry day and I think have at least 6 loads tomorrow and there is something so therapeutic about folding my babies clothes... I think it is the smell of dreft and since I am trying to get a bargain on things I have got to find a sale on dreft or maybe a coupon. Who knows what I will do, but I am trying to make it last as long as possible.
I can't remember what I scheduled for dinner tomorrow, but I know I don't want to look now... I can't imagine cooking right now, so I will look tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment