Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chicken Roll-Ups.... Think Tazikis...

So this is a staple in my house. At least on the menu once a month. (I do my meal planning a month at a time and try not to repeat)

Start with a ckn breast... Sometimes if it is a large one it will be enough for two sets of roll-ups.... (another reason I like this, it is easy to make for just one or two people)
Slice the breast pretty thin then saute up in a skillet. Season with salt, pepper, dried thyme or I think I used an Italian seasoning. You want the chicken to have nice color to it.








Then take two large tortillas.. you can use regular flour or I had the spinach ones on had this day. Cut them in half.

Put the Chicken and feta cheese on the tortillas. You want them in a straight line more towards the wide end then the rounded end.









You will roll the tortillas from the outside in and place them in a panini press, grill pan with a heavy pan on top, or I happen to have and still use a George Foreman grill from the college days.









Now I did not take a picture of these on the plate, too excited to eat I guess, but I slice them diagonally into four pieces each, with a side of sour cream and salsa, and serve them either with the feta pasta salad on the feta stuffed ckn post, or fresh fruit.

The little one in the middle is a woot woot wrap....

Please enjoy and let me know if you try it. I love hearing of people trying these recipes.











No comments:

Post a Comment