Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Favorite Freezer Staples

Every couple months or so I do a week or so of freezing. I hit Costco and stock up then spend a few days portioning and preparing freezer meals....

This week I made my list. I knew I wanted to stock the freezer with Chicken, Ground Beef, Steak, Taco Chicken, Roasted Chicken and Cheeses. As well I wanted to make some freezer burritos.

So here is my list....
Publix
1 Jar of Salsa
2 cans Black beans


Costco
Tortillas
2 Packs Chicken (12 breasts per pack)
6lbs Ground Beef
1 Beef Tenderloin
Cheddar Cheese
Mozz Cheese

I keep Rice and I make my own taco seasoning.

So I started  by cooking 2lbs of ground beef with taco seasoning and packaged the other 4lbs in 4-vacuum sealed bags each 1lb.

 

After this was all cooked I just wrapped it up until I was ready to assemble the burritos.  



While that was all going to threw my taco chicken into the Crock Pot.... 6 breasts, jar of salsa, and taco seasoning. 


 

Then I threw 6 more breasts in the oven to roast. I have an everglades seasoning (Publix) and just threw that on. Some season salt, or just salt and pepper would be great.
 After they cooked through I threw them into the mixer to shred (BEST TIP EVER)



I ended up with 7 bags of chicken. To use you can just throw the vacuum sealed bag in boiling water and it keeps the chicken moist. Perfect for Ceaser wraps, soups, chicken roll ups, etc...

  

When all the taco chicken had cooked I laid out 16 tortilla shells. I labeled 1/2 with Chicken and the other half with Beef.

I then layered the shells with Rice*, Black beans, Cheddar Cheese, Salsa and beef or chicken.

 *Rice- 2 cups long grain rice cooked with 2 C chicken Stock.


Then I wrapped them all up and put in 2 lg resealable bags and labeled them.



 

When I was done with the burritos, I packaged the leftover beef and Taco Chicken.  I ended up with 5- Chicken and 1- beef



I also had all my cheese portioned and put in the freezer. 

 

I froze the remaining 12 chicken Breasts. 




 I haven't broken down the steak yet... That will be for tomorrow.





















No comments:

Post a Comment