Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sugar Cookies

So over the past few years I have been trying to perfect the sugar cookie recipe. It has been a journey of SEVERAL recipes and techniques and I think I have finally found the best one for me , and this is probably as good as they will get. Not professional quality decorating, but delicious and cute enough for anything I need.

Here are the recipes I use:
1c Butter
1c sugar
1 lg egg
2 tsp baking powder
3c flour

Cream sugar and butter, then add egg. Mix in baking powder and flour. Do not chill, roll out and cut shapes and bake at 350 for 12-15 mins....














The Icing is a traditional Royal Icing and I make it pretty think for the outline, then add a little more water to thin it out to fill in the outline.

2 egg whites ( I use the liquid whites that are pasteurized so there is no risk of salmonella)
1 lb conf sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp of water ( add more to get desired thinness or less for desired thickness)
Food Coloring

These baby shower cookies I wrapped in plastic then tied them with a ribbon and enclosure cards for the new baby. All the guests unwrapped and gave mom-to-be the cards for her stock.













Porter and Gus were supervising the cookie making process.....
"Just a Boy and his Dog"


1 comment: