Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Philly Cheese Steaks.....

Now I will worn you this is not the healthiest meal, but making it at home makes it WAY healthier.

What you need:
Skirt steak B/t 1/3 -1/2 lb per person.... it breaks down some when you cook
1/2 bell pepper per person
1/2 onion per person
handful of baby bella mushrooms (which I was out of tonight)
Provolone cheese
Sand which Roll of your choice
Salt
pepper
red pepper flakes
garlic powder

Start with putting the skirt steak in the freezer for about 20 min. This just allows the steak to harden just enough you can slice it thin....








Then slice the pepper and onions thin








Season the meat with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.









Put the veggies into the pan with a little bit of Olive Oil to start browning, getting tender and basically delicious.









Once the veggies are almost ready add the meat. You will cook it until desired done-ness. I usually cook until I can't see any more pink and that is usually perfect for us.









Then flip all the goodies into the side of the pan and top with cheese, then cover so the cheese and steam and melt all in goodies.









Then Slide the yummy cheesy meat and veggies onto the roll of your choice. Here is Tripp's and mine... (I don't eat green peppers, so I was very sad I didn't have the mushrooms)









Here is our finished plate..... I used leftover greek pasta salad from feta stuffed ckn night as a side and sliced oranges. (which my kids LOVE)

1 comment: