Friday, April 23, 2010

The Beginning of a new journey


I am ready to become self accountable.... haha I am not really sure what I even mean by that, but I want to write my day to day things, so that #1 I can see what I do and don't feel like I am unproductive, #2 so maybe I can help other stay at home moms and the day to day struggles, and #3 to keep on budget and document where the money goes.... not every day bills, but the "spending"....

I am getting the house ready for a baby shower that will be for one of my dearest friends in the morning... Silver is polished... napkins pressed... gift made( appliqued onsie, 2 bibs, 2 burb cloths and made a flannel receiving blanket)... Vacuuming done, steam mopping done, flowers arranged....
Left to do... swiffer morning of, clean bathrooms, put linens on the tables.

I am hoping to cook for Tripp tonight.. Tarragon cream sauce Chicken with mashed potatoes, and asparagus. I do try to cook most nights... I will say last night was leftover night with chicken salad over a green salad and a taco salad. I try to map out my menu for the month, so it helps me shop smarter and we don't get in too much of a rut with regular foods...

Padyn is running around the house and will take a break and come press a bunch of keys on the computer while I am typing. I am amazed every day with how much she is changing and growing everyday. I feel like I can actually see her learning. Porter is rolling over so much I think he makes himself dizzy. He is such a tenderhearted little boy and he has my heart. I am looking forward to his milestones yet to come.

I finally got some pictures printed of him for the house, and got some frames (50% off from Hobby Lobby) so I don't look like such a bad mom.


I am trying to start a new way of Grocery shopping (well new to me). Stocking up when on sale and not buying unless on sale. We aren't completely there yet, but hopefully it will catch up and my weekly bill will go down. I am also experimenting with different diapers for the kids. They pretty much live in Pampers, but I am trying others.... Porter is a little harder to fit than Padyn and more often than not they end up in the same size... Porter is 16lbs and Padyn is 20lbs, which seems real close considering they are 11 months apart. Anyway that was a little tangent...

No comments:

Post a Comment